The John N. Smith Cemetery Restoration and Preservation Inc. is a third generation cemetery organization.
The organization invites any and all willing to join. The officers of the committee are:
Judy Gordon, Chairperson
Eddie Davis, Vice Chairperson/ Chaplain
Wendell Watson, Secretary/Treasurer
Dottie Walker, Asst. Secretary/Treasurer
The incorporation has started a Friends of the John N. Smith Cemetery Committee comprised of volunteers who will assist with:
· Public education and oral histories
· Ensure regular maintenance of the cemetery
· Locate unmarked graves
· Produce map that identifies burial sites, walking paths, etc.
· List the cemetery in the National Register of Historical Places.
Contributions are needed to fund:
· Publication of narrative and pictorial history
· Ground radar penetration to locate unmarked graves
· Upgrading and installing markers
· Design and implement a landscaping plan
· Install an attractive perimeter fence.